We recently went out to celebrate a friends birthday at Burlap. They have the best food and on this particular night, we had bottle service. One of the mixers they provided was Basil Lemonade and it was so delicious and refreshing. Mr. YUM and I talked about how great it was and how we had to make it at home. So here is a recipe to make an out of this world Basil Lemonade Cocktail. Please don’t hate me the next morning, these go down way too smoothly.
Makes about 6 cups
- 2 cups cold water
- 2 cups ice cubes
- 1¼ cups fresh lemon juice
- 4 cups packed fresh basil sprigs (top 4 inches; from a ½-pound bunch)
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups sugar
- 9 (4- by 1-inch) strips lemon zest
- Stir together all ingredients in a large pitcher.
- Bring all ingredients to a boil in a medium saucepan, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Let stand at room temperature, covered, 1 hour, then transfer to an airtight container and chill until cold, about 1 hour.
- Strain syrup through a sieve into a bowl, pressing hard on and then discarding solids.
- Pour lemonade into glasses with ice.
- Add vodka and a dash of simple syrup.
- Garnish with a spring of basil and enjoy!