It has been almost unbearably hot here last week and continuing so far into this week. In the 80′s and humid, urgh…. I don’t know how people who live in this type of weather regularly do it. In San Diego, this is just not our norm. Mr. Yum said if it was cold I’d be telling him I wish it was warmer. He’s probably right but at least when it’s cold I can add layers!
When this recipe popped up on my feed reader I knew I just had to make it right away. We love chocolate chip cookie dough and anything in frozen form sounds good just about now. This has got to cool us down just a little.
This recipe was unbelievably simple and I actually had all the ingredients on hand except for the yogurt. Did I mention you don’t even need an ice cream maker? It tasted just like frozen cookie dough. It’s rich, very good and completely satisfies your Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough cravings.
Makes about 2 cups
- ½ cups unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cups packed dark brown sugar
- ¼ cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoons baking soda
- ¼ teaspoons salt
- ¾ cups mini chocolate chips Or chunks
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt (I used Chobani)
- In a stand mixer, beat the butter and sugars together until light and fluffy.
- In another mixing bowl, add the flour, soda and salt then mix together. Then add the chocolate chips to the flour and combine.
- Add the flour and chocolate chip mixture to the sugar & butter folding in gently. Add yogurt and stir again until smooth.
- Place in a container and cover with lid. Freeze until set, preferably overnight.