Summer is so awesome. Lots of time spent at the beach and pool, hanging out with friends having BBQ’s and going to concerts in the park. This is the life and I feel lucky to be living it!
I always love a good pasta salad and this Orzo with Everything does not disappoint. It’s perfect for outside dining because it is mayonnaise free. So give this a try on your next get together, it has so many interesting ingredients it’s sure to be a hit with your crowd too.
- 1½ cups orzo, about 10 ounces
- ⅓ cup packed chopped drained oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup packed chopped Kalamata olives
- 1 cup finely chopped radicchio, about 1 small head
- ½ cup pine nuts, toasted
- ½ cup chopped fresh basil
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- Cook orzo in pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite.
- Drain well, rinse with cool water and transfer to large bowl.
- Add sun-dried tomatoes, oil, vinegar and olives and toss to blend. Let stand until cool. (Can be prepared 6 hours ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Bring to room temperature before continuing.)
- Mix chopped radicchio, pine nuts, chopped basil, Parmesan and garlic into orzo mixture.
- Season salad to taste with salt and pepper and serve.
Also, I have served this at room temperature and cold. It’s delicious both ways but the flavors really come out at room temperature.
My kids enjoyed this but one preferred it without sun dried tomatoes.